Essential Goods is a locally owned retail shop located at 933 Massachusetts in Downtown Lawrence, dedicated to showcasing handcrafted local and independent works. We currently carry over 250 artists' work and are continuously expanding our collection of artists that we represent. We feature a monthly rotating gallery (Sparrow Gallery) and participate in Final Fridays Art Walk in downtown Lawrence at the end of each month.
We are seeking a part-time sales associate with excellent customer service skills, as well as an interest in fine art and the local art scene in Lawrence and beyond. Daily tasks within this position will include customer interactions and assisting customers, offering product and artist knowledge, handling cash transactions, operating point-of-sale system, stocking merchandise, merchandising, maintaining a neat and orderly environment and assisting with setting up art shows.
Availability needed during weekdays (daytime and evening) and weekends and during holiday seasons, around 10 to 15 hours per week (with potential of more while school is out of session and during the holidays). Our busy season is during the winter holiday and availability during this time is required. We work with the Kansas Work Study program through the University of Kansas (please see requirements below). May submit resume with references via email or bring resume into the store.
You can visit our websites at:
To participate in the Kansas Career Work-Study program, you must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Be a Kansas resident, paying in-state tuition fees
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the Fall and Spring
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or greater and must maintain a 2.0 or higher throughout the semester
- Have a declared major in a field that is directly related to the type of employment opportunity for which the student is applying
- Demonstrate an "established financial need" which has been defined as the cost of attendance minus any scholarship or fellowship monies awarded to the eligible student and without any financial aid received by the eligible student pursuant to title IV of the higher education act of 1965, as amended. This will be determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Must have a FAFSA on file within the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships