compensation: 12.00-13.00 HR THIS JOB ALSO HAS FULLTIME OPENING
QR Code Link to This Post
employment type: part-time
YOUTH CARE WORKER
Summary of Position:
The Youth Care Worker is primarily responsible for the care and supervision of youth residents at the TWA in all facets (including physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being) of their daily lives. IN A Group-home ENVIRONMENT Youth Care Workers are also responsible for implementing assigned treatment services, maintaining accurate documentation of services and ensuring that the daily routine of the facility is upheld.
The Youth Care Worker is directly responsible to and supervised by the PROGRAM DIRECTOR.
1. Must be at least 21 years old.
2. Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; 6MO - 1 year experience working with adolescents or Adults who are vulnerable.
3. Demonstrate basic computer literacy and writing skills.
4. All Youth Care Workers participate in mandatory Residential Professional Curriculum training. Upon completion of training, each Youth Care Worker is required to take and successfully complete an examination in order to become a certified Residential Child and Youth Care Professional. Must be able to attend mandatory trainings and staff meetings as scheduled.
5. Must pass Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect check, criminal background checks .
6. Ability to communicate with and advocate on behalf of residents, to assure they are receiving all necessary services.
7. Ability to pass written and physical skills test in order to become certified in MAB, which includes physical restraints.
8. Ability to become certified in medication administration and follow procedure and direction from designated medical personnel.
9. Must be able to obtain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid certification.
10. Must have a valid driver's license and telephone.
11. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
12. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all personnel and client identities, records and information.
13. Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.